Monday, December 29, 2008

Twas the days after Christmas and all through the house

Twas the days after Christmas
and all through the house
wrapping paper was scattered,
being chased like a mouse

by kittens so excited
to play in the mess
while 4 children sat nestled
happily playing their DS.

My story could go on
I could make it rhyme
but really I'm exhausted
and don't have the time.

The New Year is coming and
resolutions are mounting
I got a giftcard from HomeHardware
and my purchases I'm counting

New Drywall. New Paint.
A light fixture or two
I'm going to make this house
look almost as good as new (i said ALMOST)

The reno did start
a day or so ago
beginning with that wall
that really had to go

So now I am cleaning
and purging and fretting
Do I have room for this airhockey table?
On this I'm not betting.

There's laundry to do
and some shelves that need clearing
I'm enjoying my space
but the end of the year is nearing.

As our contract is finished
an openhouse we are hosting
as we tell stories with old friends
and to a new future we are toasting.

I wish you all a sweet end
to the year 2008.
My wish for you all is
that next year is GREAT!

Happy Holidays! See you in 2009!

No comments: