Monday, May 04, 2009

A Wonderful....But Long Weekend

I'm glad it's over but sorry at the same time. One one hand it was so very long and on the other it didn't last nearly long enough.

I celebrated National Scrapbooking Weekend by hosting a weekend long crop and while I'd hoped to have higher attendance, I'm glad now that it was a small, personal event rather than anything else. Just my mother-in-law and two of her sisters, one sister-in-law and one of her friends (a 2nd friend ended up being unable to join us) and another sister-in-law who joined in for a few hours Saturday and Sunday. It was almost perfect. I missed the company of my scrapping buddy (yes....that means you sitting there at your desk at work.... I think we are now owed at least one un-interupted day in my dining room to make up for this weekend....bring the new blender!) and another sister-in-law who had planned to be here but instead is out in Kelowna attempting to sell/rent out her house in an effort to be home (as in HERE) permanently by June 1st! It would have been beyond perfect if a few of my other scrapping family & friends who live too far away (but are always near in my heart) could have been here too. Other than the few missing and missed people, this weekend was wonderful!!! and wonderfully tiring.

By late Friday night there was whispering among the others of plans for doing this again. By Saturday morning they had picked a date. For awhile afterwards, everytime they mentioned "October" I shuddered at the thought of pulling all this together again in a few short months but I do believe it has been decided. We are going to have a small, private scrapbook weekend again the first weekend in October. Everyone who wants to participate will be divided into teams and each team will be responsible to provide, serve and clean up from one meal and everyone will share in the organization of the weekend ---- just a family and friends scrapping weekend deal and we split the costs of hall rental and just have fun. Sounds like a perfect plan to me. I'm not up for organizing the whole event again anytime soon.

I can't say I got a whole lot done this weekend. All together I came home with 6 new pages (and one of them I have to "fix" because I realize that I have the wrong info on it) and 4 partially completed pages and I admit that much of what I did do was either finishing (or working on) pages I'd started previously or pages done as part of demos for the weekend. Nope - not a lot done.....but I still had a great time. For me, personally, the purpose of crop is more about the socializing and fellowship than the number of pages I bring home.......and in that respect I got a lot done this weekend.

and today......I need a nap.

~K

No comments: