Sunday, June 01, 2008

We are not Hillbillies. We are sisters.


We are sisters that came together over the years, through the branching of an oddly JerrySpringer-ish family tree.
We are sisters at heart.


Both of these beautiful woman mean the world to me and I'm blessed to have them both in my life. I'm even more blessed that the men in their lives 'get' the bond the three of us (and my mom too) all share with each other.
Not many men in this world would be so understanding of the continued relationship one person has with an ex-spouses family nor for that matter an ex-spouses' ex-spouse. I know....weird circle and you are lost but that's the JerrySpringer-ishness of it all. It doesn't really matter HOW we are un-related, just that we are and are quite fine with it.
So it has come to be that the beautiful lady on the left, Liz, is getting married to an understanding fellow (Gary) and that the beautiful lady on the right, Yolie, is married to an equally understanding fellow (Donnie) and while Yolie is coming to town for Liz and Gary's upcoming annual backyard summer party turned wedding, Donnie is not able to come with her. Since Yolie will be flying solo at said party and knowing few of the others in attendance, it was thought by Liz, that I might be Yolies' guest for the festivities. The ever understanding Gary was asked his opinion on the matter and while his concern is that it appears he's marrying a hillbilly, I have been granted the thrilling opportunity to attend their wedding...... and I'm ever so excited!!!!
edited to add - what does one wear to a backyard party/wedding when you are informed that it is casual and there will be carnival games and 'don't be surprised if the justice of the peace is wearing a clown nose'. I just have no clue how to define casual after hearing that.

No comments: