Monday, July 02, 2012

Heat Wave

Hot I don't mind.  Hot and Humid.  Oh the humidity!  Not a fan.

Have you ever noticed, that no matter what time of year it is....the most uncomfortable weather forecasts start with the words......"feels like".    In the winter the windchill makes the temperatures 'feel like' they are even colder than the actual temp.  Same thing in the summer.   The temperature right now  28....but it "feels like" 34.  At it's hottest today it "felt like" 38!  Baby...that felt like Hell.

One bonus to working all weekend......I spent the majority of the last few days inside an almost cool building and for the most part was quite comfortable.

I did not get a sunburn, except oddly I did burn my neck a little driving home yesterday with the sun beating down on me through the window.  Emily & Owen DID get burnt on Sunday after spending the day at the parade, park, beach and at Aunty Sue's.  Both have learned that a) you need to reapply sunscreen b) you need to apply sunscreen if you change into a tank top or take your shirt off to swim and c) when you put sunscreen on.....do both sides.  Owen's front was well protected but his back - not so much....but the white on red outline of his fingers where he got a little sunscreen around the back is pretty artistic.     If I could find the batteries  I bought for my camera I'd take a picture.  :0)

Some people argue that summer is so short what's the point of buying an air conditioner that you only need for such a little bit of time.

To that I say......the snow blower hasn't been out of the garage more than half a dozen times in the last few years.    I think that makes my point!

I do  believe there might be a window a/c unit around here somewhere.  Unfortunately this house (and when I say this house....imagine I say it through gritted teeth as though expressing great loathing) does not have windows that support the necessary features required to install a window a/c unit.  

At this point I'm willing to take a chain saw to a wall and cut a damn hole for the a/c to fit through.   Now if only I had a chain saw.   Maybe a snowblower would work?  I know we have one of those just sitting around not earning it's keep.

For now, I sit here.  Melting into a puddle.  Too hot to move.  Think I'll go stand in a cool shower for 10 mins then try to get some sleep. 

~K.








No comments: