Saturday, May 10, 2008

I'm too excited to sleep!!!

What a crazy busy day today was.

The Saturday of the Mother's Day weekend is always busy because every year the dance concert is on this Saturday....only this year two of the instructors weren't there to watch all their kids dance. They have other things on their mind. I got a text message from Carrie at 11:30 this morning that her and Garrett were on their way to the city. It's BABY TIME!!!!
So while we spent the afternoon at Sue & Grant's celebrating Luke's 2nd Birthday (his actual birthday is next Wednesday - the 14th) and then spent the evening doing costume changes and making sure kids were backstage when they needed to be...and not goofing around too much - the whole time my mind was elsewhere as we all waited to hear any updates from Garrett. Shelley received a few text messages throughout the afternoon/evening. 4:00 - she's doing good; at 6cm 7:30 - she's in alot of pain 8:30? - she's at 8cm and then nothing. We wait and wait and wait to hear any word from Garrett. I'm too excited and worried to sleep.

Here are some pictures from Luke's party. I didn't have my camera with me at the concert so I have no pics of the dancing....not that the pictures from concert ever turn out well because of the stage lighting/dark gymnasium. Oh and my last minute decision to by $5 worth of silent auction tickets paid off. I won twice - ended up bringing home what I donated (LOL) plus a sleeping bag, a quilt & a 35mm camera (that didn't come with film....wth? It's a polaroid brand camera and they didn't include a roll of darn film? Ugh - I'll stick with my digital thank you very much!)





No comments: