Friday, May 09, 2008

Remembering Childbirth

As so often happens before the birth of a child, mothers talk about their own experiences with pregnancy and labour and childbirth etc. With my best friend due to deliver their first child at any time now this topic has definately been coming up a lot. Tonight it was more along the lines of recognizing the signs of labour and even though we'd discussed this before, something triggered memories in me tonight and wow - who knew I could remember exactly what those early contractions actually felt like and could describe them so accurately. It was erie for me - and exciting. I'm hoping that I'm right and that little one will be here very very soon to meet us. We are all very excited to meet him.


For weeks now I've been thinking back at different times to the pregnancies/births of my 4 children. All 4 kids are completely different kids and their pregnancies and births were just as varried as their personalities. For the older two - especially Tyler, the details are getting foggy...they are 16 & 14 afterall and even for the younger two who are almost 8 & 51/2, I sometimes really have to think to remember some of the details. I think I need to sit down and write out what I do still remember - before I forget it all together.

For now, I'm just anxious to hear from Carrie. I know the contractions she was feeling tonight have let up for now....but I'm still hoping that soon that little one will be on his way.

No comments: