Saturday, May 03, 2008

Tyler is 14 !!!


Happy Birthday to my sweet son!!!!
It's unbelievable that this kid is now 14 years old. Where has the time gone? He's a good kid with a kind heart and it's wonderful to see him growing up to be a fine young man. Don't get me wrong - there are days I really wonder if he will ever grow up and 'stop acting 12' but his goofy sense of humor amuses me (most days). He's fairly responsible (if you don't count school work) and fairly resourceful (if you don't count school work)and he's a hard worker (if you don't count school work) and all in all he's a good kid - especially if you look at the issues and trouble some kids around here have been getting into lately. I thank God daily for the innocence of my son who still lives for video games, stupid movies and thinks going bowling or to play badminton at the highschool with friends on a Friday night is good fun.

Tyler's had a very good year this past year - highlights include traveling halfway across the country by plane (and being responsible for his older sister) to visit Aunty Sue, Uncle Grant and Luke in Kelowna; spending a week at summer camp with his friend Alec; reffing hockey all winter - including some out of town games and then receiving recognition for his hard work; bowling an excellent season that included numerous tournaments. He was also a wonderful help to me this past year - staying home and babysitting his younger brother and sister last summer while I worked and also watching them and his older sister so dad and I could bowl in the Thursday night league. He slacks a little on his chores and responsibilites around the house and at school ....but he's 14....so I guess he's supposed to - a little bit. At the end of the day though, I'm so proud of him and proud that he is my son!

No comments: