Saturday, April 04, 2009

Anyone seen the dust pan?

Who's idea was this whole 'lets rearrange the house' thing anyway?

Oh wait.....that would be me.

Silly me.

Yet again, not one of my more well thought out plans. Well thought of because I've been planning this for months now but well thought out - not so much.

There are boxes of kids toys and personal effects in what is now my bedroom including a closet full of their clothes and all of our clothes and stuff are still in what is now temporarily a bedroom to be shared by 3 children upstairs.

A friend recently offered me packages of those large foam puzzle pieces that are used as flooring so until I can go retrieve them this project is at a hault since I'm not moving the beds upstairs until the flooring is installed - which will be Monday at the earliest. In the mean time there are pieces of furniture stacked up in my dining room that are definately not of the dining room variety including mates beds - heavy, large, bulky mates beds and all the drawers that go underneath them. Cluttered doesn't even come close to describing the house right now.

Plus I have a house full of kids today with the addition of two cousins who are here for a sleepover. Where exactly everyone is going to sleep is a mystery. I think I'll try and convince Emily to rebuild her blanket fort in what little space is left in the dining room and at least a couple kids can sleep on the floor in there.

I think all this work might be worth it though. There are 2 - 8yr olds and 2 - 6yr olds in the house and you'd never know it. They are all upstairs in their 'new room' and the main floor of my house is quiet......but for the poor old dog who's pacing back and forth trying to find an empty patch of floor on which to have a nap.

I can put up with mislocated furniture for this kind of peace any day.... now if I could just find that sneaky dustpan. It seems to have gotten lost in the clutter somewhere.

~K

No comments: