Wednesday, April 01, 2009

*I Wonder Why?* Wednesday







I wonder why.......









I hear water running?









My first thought was that someone....probably a child of mine, left a tap on in the bathroom but upon inspection I found the taps securely in their off position.






But I can still hear water running.






I follow the sound.






It's coming from the basement.






I don't go into the basement....it's icky!






But I figure I should check it out so I venture down the stairs.






The sound is getting louder.






I have visions of a leaking pipe or hose in my head.






I turn on the light.






Well look at that. Not a pipe or hose at all.........







Just all the melting snow outside leaking into the basement.


And not just seeping in through the cracks....no, it's an actual stream of water in places.




Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaa!






Why does this house torment me so? Why?






What's even better is all that snow that melted last week and made it's way inside my basement will soon be joined by even more because we woke up to another yard full of snow this morning. Oh goodie!


I really believe Mike Holmes would have a heart attack if he ever saw my house. I don't think even Mike could
~K

1 comment:

Yo said...

Here is a comment...not about your new indoor swimming pool, but about how lazy I have got in my old age. Every time I clic on your blog to see if you have written, I have to scroll way down past the picture that you have at the top of the page. Don't get me wrong, the picture is beautiful and looks great there...it's just so big...I love you, sis! I'm counting the days!