Monday, March 23, 2009

2 days left and it keeps just getting better and better

.
.
.
.
.
warning!

I'm about to rant.

Here's your chance to hit the back button


or hit that little red X in the top right corner

or click a link and get the heck outta here. I'm sure one of the blogs listed on the left there has something new and uplifting written on it. Cuz you won't find that here. Not today.




Okay. Don't say I didn't warn you.



Here goes.



WTH is that crap falling out of the sky?!?!


Seriously. There's only 2 Mondays left in my life of hauling away other people's garbage (recycling people....try it....you might like it!) and this is what I have to deal with today. RAIN!


Oh sure,

I moan and complain about -40.... like you don't.

I grumble and whine about being cold and having no feeling in bits and pieces of me that shouldn't ever be that cold.

I shudder at the phrase....'with the windchill'


but I can deal with it.

I can put on layers and stuff hot-hands packs in my boots and bundle up to the point where I'm sweating and freezing at the same time - it's an odd experience. Not one I recommend.


but....but....but.....but come on! RAIN?

It is impossible to stay dry.

It is impossible 'get' dry once you are soaked right through to the skin.

It's impossible.

Take my word for it. Because I've been there. Done that. Didn't like it then. Not keen on doing it now.


I still remember that time a couple years ago, it was late fall. Started out a nice day....and then it drizzled a little around noon.....and then it rained a bit and a little bit more and then the temps dropped and by 3 the rain turned to snow and my clothes turned to ice....and I didn't like it. It's very hard to move when the legs of your jeans are frozen stiff. I'm just saying - in case you were wondering....it's very difficult to do.


I tried calling in stupid but my boss just doesn't care that I'm his wife and I'm going to make his life a living misery if he makes me go to work in this. He'll be sorry. I might even make him make supper every night this week. Oh.....wait. Maybe that's not such a good idea. But I'll come up with something.

I guess I should take it easy on him though. He will be working in the rain too, but he's in and out of the truck all day long while I'm hanging on the back and for some reason he just doesn't get as soaked as I do.


It's 1am and the weather network says it's +2 right and overcast. Well I don't know where they are looking but out my backdoor it raining buckets and windy.

Forecast for morning is 'light rain'.....which in my books is still rain and if they think it's only overcast right now, what's their definition of light rain.

Scattered showers throughout the day. Oh goodie.

Guess I should go get some sleep and dream of warm, dry, happy places while I can and hope this is all a nightmare that I'll wake up from in the morning. Doubt it.

2 more Mondays.

That cat Garfield has the right idea. I Hate Mondays.




*edit: It's now 8am and the new forecast according to the radio is for *drizzle* off and on all day today. I'll believe it when the day is over but for now nothings falling from the sky. Still don't wanna go though. Well - better get the kids ready for the bus and get my day started.


~K

No comments: