Sunday, March 29, 2009

One of life's big mysteries - answered

I popped over to one of my fav blogs this morning while sucking back yet another cup of coffee and listening to my oldest butcher a song from the confines of the bathroom (the only accoustically good room in the house?) that she was listening to via her mp3. I can't decide what's worse, having the music blasting on the CD player while she does this or having relative quiet while she listens on her mp3? At least if the CD was playing I'd know what song she was attempting singing. With the mp3, I've no clue at all. For the record she HATES it when we've had enough and we say things like....hey kiddo....the neighbours called and asked if you could take a break for awhile. She doesn't find us funny. Teens!

So, where was I. Oh ya.

I popped over to visit Suburban Correspondent. She totally 'gets' living with teens and I love her techniques for cohabitating with these wonderful creatures. A sense of humor is a must.

She's also very insightful when it comes to some some of life's big mysteries such as WHY there are 3 half eaten jars of jam in my kitchen and ketchup....oh she knows about ketchup too. She's figured out why and I would have never imagined it in a million years that it was all for the sake of art. I thought for sure it had more to do with the kids just messing with me and my food budget.....or laziness. I guess I'm just not deep enough to see the bigger picture.

I wonder if she knows why there are dishtowels in the girls' bedroom. That one still remains a mystery.

***************

and.....the boy did awesome reffing yesterday but he's way sore today. He said the games were "a little faster paced than Squirts" (the 5-6 yr olds he usually refs) I'd say they were a lot faster. Feedback has been good. We heard comments around the arena from some of the parents and they were all positive ones. So proud of him!

~K

1 comment:

Maddy said...

I did know a lot about teenagers when I had one, but now I've forgotten everything. Maybe I need a refresher course?
Cheers