Friday, March 06, 2009

More Bordom Buster Rambling

What else has been going on around here?

Job Hunting. Fun Stuff Baby!

As I've mentioned Al's working on getting his Class 1 license. He wrote the first part of the written tests last week and passed with flying colours. People he's talked to have said that the first test is the harder of the two written tests so he's feeling pretty good. He writes the 2nd part next Thursday.

So far the total cost of him getting his class one is $10 each for the two written tests and $95 for the medical (someone else recently had this same form filled out with a different doctor who charged $125 so I'm not as ticked about the $95). The medical form still needs the eyesight portion filled in and since he'd have had to have an eye test for this medical I'll add the $65 charge from last months surprise at the optomitrist to the total. I'm sure there will be an added charge for filling in the medical form too. Once he's got his written tests done there is the road test to do which I believe is another $50.

That brings us to a grand total of $230 (minimum) that this license is going to cost and that's providing there are no more surprise 'fees' for forms and that he doesn't need an additional re-tests...which I'm sure he won't. He definately lacks some confidence that he knows what he's doing.... but he really does know what he's doing. I have faith that he will be the proud bearer of a Class 1 (with airbrakes) license very soon....and after spending all that money on this - it better result in a damn good paying job!

As for my road to employment. It feels more like a little dirt path at the moment but I'm hoping the path is leading to a sunny spot. I sent in a resume a couple weeks ago for a job that was advertised in the local paper and went on an interview for the job on Wednesday. I must have answered a zillion questions and probably took too much time to complete the computer tasks assigned to me but I think I did fairly well. I'm feeling over qualified for the job and yet seriously lacking experience for the job all at the same time. It's an odd feeling. I hope to hear soon if I get the job or not. I really really need it because this whole unemployment thing is way hard on the budget and I really really want it because the job itself sounds like it would be so awesome and honestly I think I'd love it and be pretty darn good at it. As jobs go, I don't think I could find one that would suit me more.

I recently found a card that one of our former customers sent us. We quite often get cards at Christmas time (along with treats of the baked or liquid kind) and this one had an added note written into it wishing us well in the New Year and hoping that as that door of our lives closes a new and better window will open up for us. We could both really use a boost to climb through that open window right about now and my getting this job could be just that boost.

No comments: