Saturday, March 28, 2009

Is He White With Black Stripes or Black with White Stripes

It's almost midnight Friday night and I've given up on the scrapping thing. I just wasn't feeling it. I've started a 3page (give or take) spread but it'll have to keep for another time.


I'm tired.


Is it 2am yet?


I have to pick the Mr up from work at 2. What are the chances I could have a nap and actually wake up in time to go get him?

Slim huh.

Fine then. I'll just sit here and write.

But really I could use a nap. Tomorrow's shaping up to be a crazy-busy one..... aren't they all?

I bet I know who else is ready for a nap? Working 6pm to 2am has got to be tough on my not-so-night-owl Mr. Tomorrow's going to be really long for him too. He just found out he's scheduled to work tomorrow night from 4 to 10pm which wouldn't be so bad but he coaches the Youth Bowling and Special Olympics Bowling programs from 9am to about 3pm on Saturdays. That gives him about an hour break before he has to go to work. Poor guy.

You know who else is busy tomorrow.

This kid right here.
Doesn't he look cool in stripes?

That's my boy and I'm so proud of him.

He's been asked to attend a skills clinic tomorrow evening (after he finishes his 8-4 shift at work) and line a couple games. Not such a big deal except he's technically not old enough to officiate this level of hockey. His supervisor insists 'he can handle it' and he's going to be evaluating Ty on how he does. We didn't tell the boy that part....didn't want him to be nervous. Not that I think he would be. On the ice is probably one of the places Ty is most confident in himself. I personally think Ty's just super excited (Carrie don't spit your coffee on your monitor when you read this next part) that he's going to be lining a couple games with his idol. (I know...I don't understand it either but he seems to think G's the greatest thing since sliced bread.)

Unfortunately, poor Dad is going to miss seeing these games because he'll be at work. I'm going to be sure and take lots of pictures and maybe some video with my camera. It's times like these I wish I had a video camera.

and now that I've re-written most of this post (and it's no where near as good as the first one was) because my dial-up hates me and that effectively took an extra 30minutes of time, there's less than an hour before I have to go pick up the Mr at work. Definately no time for a nap now.....but I'd still sure like one.

Why is it I can stay up all night puttering around the house or watching tv or surfing the net when I should be sleeping but when I can't go to bed early, it's all I want to do.


~ K

No comments: