Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Why you should google things before you commit

Some thought and planning while trying to come up with a name for my 'other blog', my scrapbooking one devoted to the occasional bursts of creativity and my scrapbooking/stamping biz, would have gone a long way.

Seems I overlooked the function of google (or other platforms) searches and didn't really test out different versions of the blog's name prior to it's creation.

I have a stat tracker on the blog so I can see who's stalking me reading my blog (hi sis...and you there sitting at your desk at work) and I can see what searches lead people to my blog.

Well it seems my scrap blog's name has a slight similarity to another site and half the people who end up there are looking for P*rn. Bet they are disapointed when they don't get what they are looking for huh. It will take a bit of work but I'm thinking I may relaunch the blog under another name and transfer the archives over. Really, I'd much rather not be attracting that kind of attention to myself .......plus it's a little disapointing to log into my stats and see I have 16 new visitors and then realize that only 3 of them were actually there to see me.


I'm thinking I could rename this one to Chaos & Confusion and I'll make the other one An Occasional Burst of Creativity.......and I have NO IDEA why I didn't think of THAT little bit of brilliance to begin with. Probably because my bursts of creativity are only occasional in nature.


Well, I'm off to enjoy the entire day of having the house to myself. Kids at school. The Mr. working dayshift. I'm on my own till 4pm and LOVE IT!!!! Mucho neglected house lately so I'm actually looking forward to cleaning it.



I'd say I'm in a Spring Cleaning mood but take a look out my front door this morning........does THIS look like spring to you?





The rain has turned to snow and we are supposed to get lots of it.


Do you think I should bundle up and go get that shovel? We might need it.

1 comment:

Yo said...

your blog is looking good!